Friday 13 September 2013

Essie Ballet Slippers - Review

I have been looking for the perfect nail polish for my wedding,  and when I spotted Essie ballet slippers in boots it looked perfect. I thought it was quite expensive at £7.99 but I know Essie is considered a good brand, so i didn't mind.

After the first application of this I was definitely not impressed, it was very streaky and almost invisible (I may as well have been using a clear polish). Still wasn't convinced after the second coat. In the end it took 4 coats until I achieved an opaque colour. 

After 4 coats I actually love the colour of this, but honestly who would be bothered to apply 4 coats of polish? I expected a lot more from this brand, I really wanted the consistency to be better and it to be more opaque after fewer coats, I don't think this was worth the money, there are lots of cheaper brands which are easier to apply and give a better finish.

Does anyone know of any dupes the same colour but easier to apply?

No comments:

Post a Comment